PC Oriented Embedded Software Engineer
Computas is a Norwegian provider of IT solutions and consulting services in technological innovation, present in Oslo, Copenhagen, and Bucharest. We have Europe’s largest Google Cloud Platform (GCP) professional community with more than 60 people across development, architecture, machine learning and project management.
Creative Enthusiasm, Integrity, Usability, and Cooperation are the core values that accompany us in our desire to create technological innovation that brings human progress. Computas is passionate about delivering digital solutions with high usability, quality, value, and we have carried out large and business-critical projects in all business sectors.
To meet the strong demand in existing and new projects, we are currently looking for software development engineers with experience in using the C/C++ programming languages for embedded programming and BIOS/UEFI programming to join the existing team in our office from Bucharest (Computas Development Center) and to be engaged in challenging projects and deliver complex solutions.
This is an excellent opportunity to have a central role in a company with a great focus on community, collaboration, and an informal working environment. You will be part of a growing team of consultants, you can help influence which way the company should go, and help build the culture in the office.
- Graduate of Computer Science / Cybernetics / Information Technology
- 5+ years of experience in embedded programming with UEFI, EDK firmware drivers using C or C++ programming language
- Understanding of PC architecture and low-level communication protocols
- Experience with HII implementation
- Experience with x86 and ARM architecture, CPU, memory controllers, IO hub
- Experience in industry specifications such as PCI, ACPI, USB
- Understanding/experience with Linux/Windows kernel and drivers
- Usage of the latest design patterns
- Ability to code/debug and guide others to code/debug flexible, scalable, and complex programs
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Experience in working with Agile methodologies
- Ability to understand the requirements and communicate sophisticated technical issues precisely and clearly
- Good English speaking and writing abilities
- Ability to work both independently and in a (collocated) team environment
At Computas Development Center you get
- Opportunity to work on complex projects and domains for Global Customers
- Be part of a company that sees the value of motivated employees, with a strong focus on competence and employee development
- Focus on raising competence, self-development, certifications, internal and external courses
- Exciting projects and investments in cloud technology
- An inclusive environment with a short communication path and low hierarchical structures
- Personalized benefits package, including meal/present vouchers, life, and health insurance, and medical services subscription
Would you like to be on the team?
Send us your CV. We look forward to hearing from you! Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding this job position.