Computas and GÉANT connecting research and education to Google Cloud
The Open Clouds for Research Environments project (OCRE), aims to accelerate cloud adoption in the European research community, by bringing together cloud providers, Earth Observation (EO) organisations and the research and education community, through ready-to-use service agreements and €9.5 million in adoption funding.
The OCRE project – an important element in the success of European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) – receives funding from the European Commission and is a consortium of the GÉANT Association (coordinator), CERN, RHEA and Trust-IT. GÉANT interconnects Europe’s National Research and Education Networks (NRENs) to reach over 10,000 of research and education institutions, enabling OCRE to offer service providers a direct delivery route.
Computas is a Nordic provider of IT solutions and consulting services, specializing in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and cloud-based solutions. We have over 280 consultants with cutting-edge expertise and experience in a wide range of disciplines. The professional culture is strongly rooted in the company and over 90% of the employees have an education at the level of a master’s / master’s degree or higher. Read more about us here.
Computas Offering to GÉANT member institutions
Under this agreement, Computas is offering a general framework where GÉANT members can order Google Cloud Platform services or other specific consulting services related to cloud adoption.
GÉANT members can take benefit of a whole list of discounted or free services included in Computas & Google Cloud framework proposal as follows:
Computas & Google Cloud framework proposal
- Local discounts applied for GÉANT customers when using Google Cloud Platform services (more details after signing-up to our Ordering Portal)
- Free peering connection (more details here)
- Free trial Google Cloud credits (more details here)
- Free Trainings & Adoption Support (more details here)
- Free Cloud workshops – 4 events / year (more details after signing-up to our Ordering Portal)
- No internet egress fees (ingress/egress), up to a maximum discount of 15% of the total monthly Google Cloud fees (more details here)
- Sustained use discounts for Google Cloud Compute Engine (more details here)
- Discounted prices in return for committing to paying for Google Cloud resources for 1 year or 3 years (more details here)
- Computas cloud professional services on cloud adoption (more details after signing-up to our Ordering Portal)
Please be aware that an existing user is required in order to log into the Ordering Portal. If you are a new user, please request an account on the “Ask for OCRE access” button above.
More details about our OCRE Service Catalogue as well as the applicable discounts are available on our Ordering Portal.